Saturday, February 11, 2012

Treasures

As part of our repiping project we had to take everything out of the attic.  It got removed to the garage temporarily.  So of course I got to reorganize!  So much fun!  I went through the few baby things we had not passed on, including clothes for Ami to check out during her visit.  (Bring an extra bag, honey!)  And I found 6 boxes labeled "Danielle - Mementos".  So of course I had to go through them and see what I had deemed save-worthy in my earlier years.  Of course there were the obligatory yearbooks and tassels from high school and college, plus scrapbooks from Mexico and Spain.  But I also found all the letters from my friends in Mexico and all my journals - yikes! - I didn't realize there were quite so many!  The letters went in the trash, but here's the journals.



When I told my mom I found all my journals, she said that I had better not get rid of them.  I reassured her I wouldn't, but I was't really sure what to do with them.  She said I should read them to Travis.  To put him to sleep??  I don't think that's a good idea...


The other fun thing I found was a diving trophy from my one season of family diving.   I know I said I was a bad diver, and I truly was, but there was one invitational meet where they lumped my age group together with the younger divers and I actually won!  Pretty sad victory, don't you think?  My sister got second and my brother got first (or maybe it's the other way around, I am not quite sure...)  We have a great picture (somewhere) of the three of us and our trophies.  I thought this was long gone, but here is eveidence of my one sporting victory.




Now what so I do with it??

No comments: