Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Justin's Words

This week at therapy Miss Sarah video taped Justin doing some of his words for me.  Every time she comes out aferwards and tries to get his to say something for me, it's never as good as what he does in the room with her.  So she tried to get him on her phone saying some of the words.  So forgive the quality of the video, she was trying to cue him and tape him so he's not always in the center of the frame.  I sat in a session this week since I had my mom in town to stay with Travis (and do school, how cool!)  Justin does so much better in the room with her, so I need to get better at some of the cues she uses so I can do them more naturally at home.  I find myself running to the wall where we have them all put up so I can remember what they are.  When she cues him he gets it almost every time!  It's so awesome.  And Miss Sarah is awesome too!



This videos shows words: boo, bee, bye, bow and pay.



This is words: pea, pie, moo, me, my, mow, weigh, we, "y", and whoa.  (I think...)


This is words:  two, tea (tasty!), tie, toe (he points to her toe), day, "d", dough (mama does this...), and neigh.  (Check out that yawn.  Still struggling with sleep, this was at 9 am!)

So, what do you think??  Making progress, right??  And he says "thank you" and "book" very, very clearly that anyone can understand.  Don't you just love how his lips just curl around those words?  Adorable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! He does so well...I can't believe how much progress he has made. Can't wait to see him do this in person!!
Love, Ami