Friday, September 2, 2011

Updates

Here's a few family updates and progress reports:
  • Travis lost another tooth this week.  Now he's down the two teeth bottom, front.  Big gap.  He's just pleased with the money he's netted so far. 



  • Justin moved up to an open cup this week.  He's been able to do it for a while, but I've been putting off making the move so I wouldn't have to clean up so many spills.  He's good at drinking, but he doesn't tip the cup far enough down after drinking.  So I don't put more than about 1/4 cup in each time and then refill, refill, refill.  I'd rather do that than clean up, clean up, clean up.  He's doing really well!  I haven't had to clean up very much at all.
  • Justin also is making great progress walking up stairs.  We have a staircase with spindles (and so does therapy) so he can hold at whatever height he needs.  He sometimes forgets to advance his hand before taking steps, but he remembers with just a little help.
  • Randy is healing well.  We had to make a trip to the dr. this afternoon because the dressing was getting really loose.  They cut it off so we got to see it for the first time.  It looks really good!  They cut from the base of the thumb up and around where he cut it and then pulled it around to stitch it.  The stitches are huge and blue!  And you can see the tip of the pin that's in his thumb.  He said we can just leave it exposed like it is.  Randy's bumped it a few times and it smarts.  I believe him!  They gave him a splint to wear and some gauze to wrap around the thumb under the splint.  We have experimented with a few other dressings for underneath the splint and that gives him more cushion so it doesn't rub quite as much.
  • I am doing just fine!  The pressing needs are being met and for now, that's all that matters.  God has been so good.  I don't usually get much "girl" time, but I think God knew I would need it so it just worked out that I have had several evenings out with my friends this past week that have been so refreshing and encouraging.
  • Travis' prayers are usually very rote, but this evening he thanked God for healing Daddy's thumb today and for taking care of him and how He knew that this would happen even before He made the world and He planned for it to be okay.  So cute and honest.  Travis always is very concerned with bad things happening and so last week I talked to him about Job and that made me realize that none of his Bibles have that story in them.  What a shame!  That's hugely important for little kids!  And then guess what his lesson was about this past week in Bible class?  Of course, it was Job.  I am so in love with God's timing!

No comments: