Tuesday, September 27, 2011

More

I think I am ready to say enough is enough.  Or "I give".  Whichever will make the madness stop!


Justin has not been sleeping well, and I was sure it was part of his ploy to get me to hold him because he slept great while I held him.  I did not sleep so well.  This morning he woke up (around 5 am) and started gagging like he was going to throw up.  He didn't, but I noticed that his belly was really hard.  He always has trouble with constipation and the pain meds he has taken for his tonsils only made it worse.  We have been using our usual methods to help him, but this was beyond, so we opted for more extreme measures.  That started things going and Justin dozed in my arms between having to push things out and gag some more.  He eventually threw up several times and blew out more diapers than he has since being a newborn.  So, we called the doctor.

The doctor was very busy and we waited over an hour past our appointment time to see him.  During that hour we watched half of "Finding Nemo" and Justin made some more diapers and napped some more.  The doctor checked Justin and didn't find anything, but he did notice that his weight is down nearly 2 pounds in the past 10 days.  (Using the same scales we were on when we made his vomit run to the doctor between the 2 surgeries.)  That worried him so he sent us for a belly x-ray.  While we waited for that Justin blew out 2 more diapers and dirtied his shorts, socks, and my shirt.  I had more clothes for Justin, but not me... Yuck!

The x-ray showed lots of stuff needing to come out, but no obstructions or any other problems.  So we went home to clean up.  Travis was very patient through this whole process even though he was ready to be done after the first doctor.  We got home and Travis said he didn't feel well.  I gave him juice and a bowl and went to fix some lunch.  A light lunch for sure.  Justin made another diaper (#7) and while I was changing him Travis yelled that he had thrown up.  Red juice all over the white couch.  He forgot about the bowl.

I wiped up the couch as best as I could and left lunch right...where...it....was.

Then I collected Travis from where he was...






And Justin from where he was (he was not climbing up onto the chair, this was how he settled down to rest)...





I whipped open our bed and laid all three of us down and we took a nap.  The boys were asleep in 2.5 minutes and we slept beautifully for 2.5 hours.  In time for Daddy to get home and save us.  Or get sick himself, not sure which just yet.  Anyone know where we can pick up a good couch cheap?

2 comments:

~Erin said...

So sorry! I hope today is restful for all of you!!

Kelsey said...

Oh no Danielle! I'm so sorry! I hope today is going better for all of you.