Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thyroid Ultrasound

We went to TCH for Justin's thyroid ultrasound this morning. Sometimes I am exhausted by 9 am. Is it just me? We made it to the imaging center and settled in for an hour long wait before our 12 minute appointment.

For the record, Justin does not enjoy being slathered with gel and prodded with an ultrasound wand on his throat. The poor tech was trying to get a decent picture and I was nearly laughing out loud at what a hysterical picture it would have been of us laying on the bed, me holding down Justin's arms and trying to get him to calm down and suck his thumb without getting wrapped up in the tech's arm with the ultrasound wand covered in gel. I sang every song that popped into my brain, off key I am sure, and Justin would only calm for the first 4 bars or so, until he figured out which song it was, and then go back to wailing. The tech said that when Justin screamed all she got on the screen was a big blur.

She finally thought she had gotten enough pictures and she was going to check with the radiologist to make certain, I just prayed that either it was enough pictures or that God would send me some more songs. Thank God I didn't have to hurt the poor tech's ears any more! We should find out something from the doctor soon. Justin fell asleep as we pulled out of the parking garage. I sure wish I could have.

(On a side note, I made an apt. with the ENT for June. The pediatrician said that is the place we should start to get Justin's sleeping problems assessed. I didn't even make it through the week!)

No comments: