Monday, April 5, 2010

Bluebonnets- Attempt Number 2

So the plan was to get some pictures when we went to Blue Bell last week, but that didn't work after playing at the playground and eating lunch so we tried again today. I think the pollen was getting to the boys as both of them had watery, drippy eyes, and Travis complained about his eyes itching. Not good. We did get some pictures though.












Since my goal is never photographic perfection, these pictures seem to fit the bill. (Randy actually asked if I told the kids on purpose not to look at the camera!) There were bunches of families trying to get bluebonnet pictures today since it was a school holiday. We saw the cutest family of three girls in long ruffled white dresses. They looked absolutely precious. We mentioned how adorable they looked to their mother and she said that she just hoped she could get good pictures because they are at that fake smile stage. I commented that it would be what they truly are, and that has memories that are treasured just as much as perfect portraits. I am not sure if it made any difference, but that's what bluebonnet pictures are to me. Trying to take pictures out in the sun while sitting in tall grass is not the makings of perfect pictures. At least not for this completely amateur photographer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm right there with you. The first year I think I sat Rylen in an ant patch and he had this pain look on his face fighting the tears. Later I saw the bumps :( The things we do for tradition! :) The pictures look great! I am BIG on personality. You will remember their personality and "spunk", as I like to call it, at that time from those pictures.