Saturday, April 10, 2010

Almost, Nearly, Sooooo Close

I took Justin to the doctor for his two year check-up this week. I had been hoping he would break the 20 pound mark so I could finally turn his car seat around. No such luck. This is the age that they stop stripping for weigh-ins, and he still didn't make it. For the record he tops out at 19 pounds, 15 ounces. Yeah, pretty sad, I know. Maybe next month.

Dr. Lapis was very impressed with his communication skills. She asked if he could follow commands, and so I asked Justin to open his mouth, which he did immediately. Then she asked him something, but before she even got it out of her mouth, he started blowing kisses. His "blowing kisses" involves putting his hand to his mouth and blowing through his nose. I translated his actions and she laughed because that's what she was going to ask him to do! So he's way ahead because he can read minds!

He had an eye infection (and so did Travis) so we got some eye drops. That has been going really well. You'd think we were sticking our fingers in their eyes when we put the drops in! I had to go to work and Randy was so looking forward to doing the drops all by himself. Travis actually ended up doing better with Randy than with me. Daddies are so talented!

Other than that we are doing well. Justin is on the low end of the DS growth charts, but he is consistently at about 5%, so she (Dr. Lapis) is comfortable with his growth. All his labs are good, so we don't have to do any more for a while. We have the DS clinic appointment next month and the thyroid ultrasound coming up. We also go back to the cardiologist, maybe for an echo. That is still a possibility we are hoping to avoid until he's old enough to be unsedated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember feeling the same way about Rylen. When he finally hit the 20lb mark I got so excited and then he got a stomach bug and lost a pound. We had to regain that pound again! HA!