Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Softer Side of Meat Day

Meat Day was yesterday and it always requires a dedicated team of workers to make it happen. My faithful team usually consists of my mother and my friends Tonya and Erin. Three of us work, and one is on child duty. Occasionally, Randy is able to help when he is off from work. This was one of those times that it worked out for him to be with us. And unfortunately my mom couldn't make it this month, so Randy was pressed into child care duty. He was truly amazing!

The weather was beautiful, and it always helps us when the kids aren't underfoot, so he took them all, minus Asher (Erin's son) who was napping, for a very long walk. Travis practiced riding his bike and Alivia danced and played in the warm winter sun! They went to the park, and then they played bubbles and of course did some digging in Travis' flower bed. The biggest treat was having a picnic outside on the driveway. I have to ask what Erin is bringing for Alivia's lunch, because that is what Travis will want! I love that Travis and Alivia play so well together, and they look forward to being together. It's a near tragedy when it's time to go home! The kids make Meat Day fun too. The stories they share and the games they invent are worth more than the money we save from buying in bulk. That is part of what makes Meat Day special for me.









Next time will be our three year "Meativersary". The time has flown by! Both Erin and I have had second children since Meat Day began, and we have added and lost a couple of different workers. Meat Day has grown and changed but when it comes right down to it, it's still just bonding over raw meat!

1 comment:

~Erin said...

Randy is such a trooper! Happy Meativersary!! I think I'm gonna send you a card :)