Friday, January 15, 2010

Randy's Theory on our Sleep Issues

We all took a nap yesterday. It was raining, and I was tired. It is a treat for Travis to have me nap with him. We usually nap together after I have worked a red eye flight. He knows that Mommy will probably sleep longer than he will, and he is allowed to get out of bed and go find Daddy after he wakes up and leave me to sleep longer. He lets me get out my eye shades and ear plugs, and we are good to go. Once we had just laid down and he slowly slid out of the other side of the bed. He said he had napped long enough. Nice try, mister!

But yesterday it was just because. We all laid down and slept for three hours, an unheard of length of time! Well, I woke up and slowly crept towards the door. Travis sat up instantaneously. "I am done sleeping too, mommy!" Okay, so we went and sat in the rocking chair in the living room and he promptly feel asleep in my lap. Justin then woke up about 5 minutes later and I had to wake Travis to get Justin.

So I tell this all to Randy and he says that he thinks that the boys have a motion detector going on me. When I start moving, they wake up. That's why they wake up early in the morning, because I try to get up before they do to have devotionals and get dressed and organized for the day. His theory says that there is no way I can do all I want to do because I set off their motion sensors and they think that it's time to wake up.

So my question is, how do I turn it off??

No comments: