Friday, January 1, 2010

November Prayer Request Follow-Up/ January Prayer Requests

Ooops! December got away from me. I forgot to say how we were doing. Here's some of the things from November:
  • Schedule: It has gotten better. Of course the holidays messed things up a bit, but it seems to be working for now. I created a schedule book, so everyone knows when and where all of our therapy sessions are, as well as all of Justin's doctor's appointments, errands, and other responsibilities. One of the things that was impressed on us when were were doing estate planning was to write information sheets about daily life with Justin so that if anything were to happen to us, someone could come in and take over with at least some cursory knowledge of Justin's habits and tastes. It's difficult to make yourself dispensable, but that is essentially my goal.
  • Justin's crawling is going fabulously! He is going farther and farther very day. And he is willing to take risks and go over obstacles like pillows and small steps. I can tell his shoulder and arm strength is really improving.
  • The Buddy Walk went great! We met our goal of raising $150,00 (and more!) and the day was so much fun!
  • The Down Syndrome clinic appointment went well, and we learned that Justin will need to visit an endocrinologist for low thyroid. We have an appointment in early February.

January:

  • Justin's separation issues: They seem to be getting worse instead of better. If he sees me in the room, he wants me to hold him. Only me. He does okay if I have to leave him, but he will fuss and whine off and on until he hears noise at the door. Then he lets out a full-fledged wail. I love snuggling and holding him, and he is great hugger, but I need to be able to put him down to get some things done! And now he won't eat in his high chair. He wants me to hold him and then he will eat just fine.
  • Travis' sleeping: He had to sleep on his mattress in our room during the holidays with people here. He got sick and ended up in our bed many nights. Now he hurt himself (see previous post) and he thinks someone is coming to get him! And my mother is sick and coughing in the room next to him. Arg! We need health and sleep! All of us!
  • Our family's resolutions: We are wanting to spend more time together and in an effort to achieve this we are having one Travis and mommy day per month, one Justin and mommy day per month, 2 mommy and daddy days per month (dates!), and one family outing per month. Nothing big necessarily, but time dedicated to each other with no distractions. I am very bad with this so I am hoping this will help!

We hope you all had a very happy holiday season and we wish you a blessed new year! Thank you for all of your prayers!

No comments: