Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Trimming the Tree

We put up our Christmas tree this past weekend. Travis was so excited to help! I told him that we wanted to keep the fragile ornaments (he called them jewelry!) up from the bottom so Justin couldn't reach them. He took it to heart and stood on the hearth and put all the ornaments he hung in the same 1 foot by 2 foot section! It was so funny! I told him we needed to spread them out and he said, "But then Justin will get them!" So we jut let him go and we adjusted things a bit later.

Justin liked the jingle bell snowman, and when Travis decided it was time to hang it up Justin reached for it and grabbed it back!


These are all our family ornaments. Randy and I have had the snowmen for awhile, and my Dad got the boys angels last year. The teddy bear cross stitch I made the first Christmas Randy and I were dating (1996) and it says our names and the year. The font on the year is a little different and my roommate at the time thought it looked like it said "Iggy" and the first time she saw it she said," Who is Iggy?" So now we call it our "Iggy ornament"!


This is Travis' masterpiece: The small area that he deemed safe for all the fragile ornaments.


And I did not get a picture of the finished work! (The one we took turned out blurry.) I just have one little complaint: I got 4 mosquito bites when I was putting up the outside lights. It was the end of November for goodness sake!

No comments: