Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Crafts

Last year we made some Christmas trees out of the foam stickers (very simple!) for our family members and therapists. This year I decided to skip that as time got away, but Me-Me and Pop wanted Travis to make another ornament this year, so I had to hop to it and come up with something quick and simple (ie. easily assembled with items already in our home!)

This is what I came up with:




I adapted it from something that a group was making at Chick-fil-A for a kids activity last week. They were larger snowmen for sitting around. They were made out of men's tube socks. Since I wanted them to be smaller and not so heavy to hang on a tree, Justin had to sacrifice a pair of his socks. He didn't seem to mind. We used stuffing and small rubber bands, and folded the tops down to make the hats. We decorated them with things we had around the house, although I admit that we bought a piece of orange felt for the carrot noses. The mouths are small beads, but we should have used something smaller and not so sticky-outie (that's the best way to describe it!). They look like they have buck teeth! But, Me-Me and Pop love them. Grandkids can do no wrong! Now I can prepare more for next year.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Those are ADORABLE! You are so creative!