Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Halloween!

So I am not kidding when I said that I didn't take any pictures of Halloween.  The plan was to hit a few houses early and then come back and put Alaina to sleep and hand out candy at our house.  The plan failed miserably.  We set out walking, and I carried Alaina.  At the first house our neighbor insisted on keeping Alaina and the boys cheered, thinking they could go to more houses then.  So we went up and down a few more streets but Justin got tired and I had to carry him.  And his burgeoning sack of candy.  It didn't take too long for me to start limping, but by this time we were pretty far away from home.  I was hot and tired and the boys were hot and tired.  So we went and rescued Alaina, who was slightly fussy by this time since I hadn't brought a pacifier or a burp cloth.  Fortunately our neighbor is a good sport.
 
We went home and quickly got ready for bed.  The boys were somehow high on sugar without having actually eaten any of it.  It must have absorbed through their skin as they sorted and examined each piece.  So they were bouncing around the front door waiting to open it at the first bit of a knock. When we finally got them into bed we could still hear them (especially Justin) talking and giggling.  It was a very long (and short) night!
 
 
So you will have to be satisfied with a picture of Alaina in her Halloween splendor.
 
Kinda cute, huh?
 
 



No comments: