Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Buddy Walk!!

I know, it took me longer than I hoped, but here it is.  Justin's Jaywalkers made their fifth appearance at the Buddy Walk.  It was such an encouraging, uplifting experience.  This is the first year that Justin really understood what was happening and that it was about him.  I have made it a tradition to wear my Buddy Walk shirts from previous years during the week leading up to the Walk so all week Justin asked about the "Walk".  He can say it so well!

 
Check out Alaina's outfit!!  Our friend Melissa made her this great onesie... 

 
...complete with bling!

 
This year the Walk was after the Buddy Bash so we arrived early to do some playing around before walking.  Justin really got into the games and he had so much fun!  He couldn't quite make it up the steps and I had Alaina with me so I couldn't help so one of the "Buddy-teers" helped him up.  The volunteers were mostly high school kids and they were really great with all the children.  They were so patient and helpful; I was very impressed.

 
Justin wanted to go "one more" time!

 
When I made him get out and back in line he pouted....


...until he heard the music and he started dancing!

 
Then both he and Travis discovered this ride (you can see Travis inside).  Travis, Clara, and Justin rode it about five times each!  Justin managed to get the men running the ride wrapped around his little finger and when he got off and did his "one more" routine, they just let him stay on and ride again!  He rode all by himself once even.


I rode once to get some pictures.  I had Alaina strapped to my front and she did just fine.  I did fine until I stopped taking pictures. I was ready to get off!!!!


You can see how Justin had a good time!

 
Our team, in kids!


Justin's Jaywalkers 2012

 
On a side note, this is a new team this year.  It's hard to read their shirts, but they say "Luke's Girls and Guywalkers".  The backs are all different.  Of course, Luke's dad's shirt says "Luke, I am your Father".  Other ones said "Luke, I am your Wingman" and "Luke, I am your Nana".  So cute! 

 
Luke's shirt said "My force is with me".

 
Then we were off on the Walk.  We tried to do some balloons but it was too windy so that didn't work.


I planned to carry Alaina in the front pack and put Justin in the stroller, but they had ideas of their own: 



Justin is definitely Pop's boy so at the end of the Walk when I wanted a picture of all the kids and their medals, Justin did not want to leave him.  So I got a bit of a sad smile!



It was another fabulous day!  The weather was beautiful and there were tons of walkers: 8,500 was the final count.  So much fun and we will be back next year.  Mark the date:  November 9, 2013!

No comments: