Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day, Water Play Day

This past week was a very busy week. And when I talk about last week, I am probably referring to your week before last, because that's where I left off writing so there is some catching up to do.

It was my birthday, and that started out a few days early because Travis has been talking about doing something special for my birthday for about a month and now it was time to execute his plan.  When I got home from work the Saturday before my birthday, Randy and my mom were hanging streamers and balloons in the kitchen.  And Sunday Travis told me that I had to leave the room because he was going to make me a picture that he didn't want me to see until it was done.  So he and Randy created this: 



Pretty cool, huh?  It's the best picture he has ever drawn for me so this is very special.  Randy colored the bottom three colors of the rainbow and Travis did the top three.  They cut off the bottom of the paper so they wouldn't have to make more grass.  I love it!

I ended up almost not having a cake or a birthday dinner since I already had my birthday party for this year last year!  My in-laws relented and made a yummy dinner and cake - with no numbers just in case!

Then I had to work several days and Randy finished the fence.  Really!  All done!  I am so proud of him.  It looks fabulous.  At least that's one thing off the list for a while!

So by Memorial Day we were ready for some fun in the sun.  We had a nice dinner with our friends, the Judds.  The kids did some playing in the water.  They couldn't manage to figure out the slip and slide so we "threw" them.  They had a great time.  Justin wasn't sure what to make of it all, but he kept going back for more!


Chris even sent the kids down backwards so they wouldn't get water in the face.






Clara and Robert just got a new sand play table.  Travis and Clara convinced Kelsey to add water and they had fun making mud.  All four kids were covered with sandy mud, but it was beyond fun.  All the kids were exhausted by the time it started getting dark.  It was a great day playing with friends and celebrating freedom.

No comments: