Thursday, November 11, 2010

October Follow-Up/November Prayer Requests

All the guys have been sick in our house and I have been busy cleaning up behind them.  I have been trying to stay ahead of the game, but it's not always working!  I had to slack at something, and it ended up being the blog.  I will try to catch up over the next few days so hang in there with me!

October:
  • My mom's surgery went well.  There were no complications and she recovered quickly.  She was able to keep up with my laundry!  Her friend Sharon stayed in town for more than three weeks and her help was invaluable.  My mom is still in WI healing, and we hope to continue with the next phase of treatment sometime around Thanksgiving.  Her next set of tests will be next week, and then we find out the results and decide on the plan the beginning of the next week.  More prayer are needed here!
  • My work is still in flux, but we should avoid more major changes until next year.  I was able to get a good schedule for this month.  I have to look at the short term and not worry about all the big changes since that's how the transition will happen.
  • Potty training is off and on with everyone being sick.  Justin is doing great using the potty, but he's stubborn about when and how he goes.  We're just taking it slow!

November:

  • Get rid of germs!  We need to get rid of all our sickness before my mom comes back (next week) so she doesn't have to worry about getting sick.  This includes Randy's parents who are sick as well.  We all need good health through the entire winter.
  • My mom's testing:  That the cancer has not metastasized anywhere else in her body.
  • Getting back into our schedule:  We haven't been to an entire week of therapy for more than a month.  We hope that we can work chemo into the schedule without much difficulty.  It has been a good break for our family with no extra appointments for my mom (or Justin or Travis!) We know the holidays will bring new challenges, but we pray that the disruption will not be too stressful for any of us!
Thank you.  It seems like there is so much going on around us and we are trying to keep our sense of focus and direction in the midst of it all.  With Justin doing so much better at walking, the only thing he is lacking is balance, and that's what we ALL need right now!

No comments: