Monday, November 22, 2010

More Changes

My mom returned from her "healing trip" to Wisconsin.  He drove her car full of stuff all by herself, against the advice of her mother, all her children, and a few friends.  But she made it just fine and now she has moved into the spare bedroom on the second floor of our house.  Actually, it's what used to be Travis' room, and before that, Mireille's room.  We did a big room switcheroo last week including dismantling Travis' toddler bed and swapping bedding, wall art, clock radios, and wardrobes.  Organization!  I loved it!  Justin, not so much.  Still getting over the clinginess, so we took snuggle breaks every little bit.  I had planned to move Travis to a big bed when he turned five and redo the room and get new bedding, etc.  The new bedding is still the plan, but for now he's in his temporary room for the next nine months.  I have been talking it up so he wasn't bothered giving up his room to Nana.  He was very excited to show Daddy his new room and Nana's new digs.

Now we are at the hospital for my mom to get her first chemo treatment.  We were hoping she would be able to get her treatments at a center close to our home, but it didn't work out that way due to a policy change last week.  So she will be heading down to the main hospital every week for the next twelve weeks.  We are not sure how she will do with it, but I am so glad she will be close to us.  It's not something I ever expected to be experiencing.  Kind of how the past few years have been!  But I am glad for the lessons I have learned in that time.  It's always amazing to see God's preparation looking back.  It gives me encouragement for the future.  I always need more of that!

No comments: