Monday, October 4, 2010

September Follow-Up/ October Requests

Fall is here and the weather is starting to cool!  We love it!  We're excited for the holidays and the end of the year.  So many exciting things are coming with the new year.

September:
  • Rest!: We got it!  We had a vacation last week and spent the week at the beach.  We had some issues with sleep (boys' lack of...) but we made it through and we enjoyed the break in routine.  The very best part: coming home to a clean house and mowed lawn (I paid for someone to help us out knowing that this next week is going to be tough).
  • Travis back to 100%!  He is eating everything and no complaints about anything.  SO glad that is over!
  • Justin is walking more and more every day.  He is able to hold on to one hand and walk (rather than needing two hands of our hands to stay up).  He took 10 steps today, which is a new high!  He stands up several feet from where he wants to be and walks the last few feet.  He is so cute to watch as he hobbles along.

October:
  • My mom's surgery:  It will be this week already and she needs prayers for a stress test tomorrow.  She needs to be cleared for surgery and we really want her to be okay, so this is important.  Please pray for everyone who will be caring for her: doctors, nurses, her friend Sharon, and me!
  • My work:  Of course, the merger with the Continental and United was approved and now we are in the midst of transition.  Nothing significant has happened, but soon we should know about some changes that could really affect my job.
  • Potty Training: I have decided to start working on Justin.  We are just getting used to sitting on the potty before getting in the bathtub.  I had to clean the bathtubs twice in one night and I am hoping to get past that!  We lasted about 1 minute tonight. Justin is looking up to Travis in everything he does, so I am hoping to use that to my advantage.

No comments: