Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

It may be Halloween but there weren't many festivities around here today.  Yesterday, however, was loads of fun at our church's Pumpkin Patch festival.  I had to work (boo!) but the boys enjoyed the games and treats.  I have to say that I put off making the boys Halloween costumes until the last minute.  I had the ideas but the actual execution waited until Friday morning.  This month can be summed up in one word: survival! I am sure we have all been there.  I am just glad one costume only required gathering a few things from around the house and a few slight alterations.  Travis decided on being a policeman and Nana gave him a police outfit last Christmas, so that worked well.  I just had to shorten the pants and sleeves about 6 inches each.  No kidding.  Did I mention we live in the land of the little people??  Travis decided that his fire boots would go well with the ensemble, and who was I to disagree?  (That is truly the best $10 I think I have spent!)  And since Justin does such good muscles, we opted for Samson for his get-up.  I sewed "hair" onto a headband and sewed batting into a t-shirt and gave him a six-pack and Randy added the finishing touch: his name on the head band!  Everyone "got it" when they read his head.  And Justin played along.  I really thought he would pull it off right away but not so.

Randy said that the festival was very busy so he didn't get any pictures, so the ones in the parking lot will have to suffice.  Justin is going to be a full-fledged walker before you know it!


This is supposed to be Justin showing his muscles.  You'll have to imagine!


Happy Halloween!

No comments: