Thursday, October 7, 2010

Taking Care of Business

Today is surgery day and I have been awake since 4 am when Travis had to got to the bathroom. We've been at the hopital since 6 am.  My mom was whisked off to surgery and now we are waiting.  I came down with her on Tuesday to do some of her pre-op appointments and nothing went according to plan.  The appointments all ran late and none of the test results came in on time so we had to reschedule for yesterday.  We found ourselves with time to spare before we had to make an airport run.  My mom was in desperate need of a haircut and I wanted to find some pie pumpkins so we made a stop and managed to do both in record time.  We still had time so we decided to get pedicures.  If anyone had told me that my day would end with a spa pedicure I would have laughed!  I haven't had a pedicure since my sister's wedding, but God knew that we needed some calming relaxation and he supplied.  Travis said last night in his bedtime prayer that God gives him everything he needs and I smiled and thought, "Even when we don't ask!"
It turned out to be a good day and it gave me the little lift I needed to be ready for today.  I was able to visit our neighbor who just returned home from her surgery earlier this week and she was in such good spirits.    It is good to have confidence and know that God is in control.  That makes all the difference.  Keep praying for us.  We feel it!

No comments: