Monday, May 25, 2009

Wisconsin

A couple of weeks ago we went to Wisconsin to throw a baby shower for my cousin. I traveled by myself for the first time with both boys on the airplane. We left first thing in the morning and we went to Milwaukee so I wouldn't have to make any connections, which helped SO much! We did very well, although when we went through security Justin spit up everywhere and the people behind us were in such a hurry they put their belongings right on top of the spit up before I had a chance to clean it up. Oh well! I did try to warn them!

We were busy during our trip, as usual. Mommy Sharon and Daddy Jack came for dinner and then Sharon and my mom helped me create my very first diaper cake. I think it turned out okay.





The next day a long time family friend came to visit with her daughter. She used to live with us in our house that my dad just sold in February. She was in college when she lived with us and she became a close friend and even helped my parents wrangle all 4 of us kids when we went on a family vacation in Mexico. We have stayed in touch and she even has a son named Travis too! Her second son is named Tyler, so that name was off limits when we had another boy. Anyway, we had a super fun visit. And she knows that the way to Travis' heart is by truck. She was very thoughtful and bought both boys SMALL trucks that I could fit in our suitcase for the way home. Travis and Rachael played so well together. You'd never know she is 21 and he is 3. Okay, maybe you would! Travis had a blast and as expected he said, "I'm really going to miss Rachael" when she left. He kept saying, "That's the pillow that I threw with Rachael!" We might have to remind them both about the no-throwing-things-in-the-house rule...






Then we headed up to my grandmother's house. We had the shower at her house so she would come. Travis enjoys going to her house because when we go there, we go to the COOKIE FACTORY! We had to go back and take pictures, even though we didn't buy any cookies since we really didn't need any. But Travis didn't mind not buying any. As long as he gets to sample! And sample he did. In the one picture he has 3 cookies! I did encourage him to throw away some parts of them before he got more. And I caught him with his hand in the cookie jar more than once. There is something about sugar that makes kids lose their heads. Adults too...



How about one of THESE?!

They were doing some work on my grandmother's condo so Travis got quite the view all day.


We went outside and watched for a while too. Then we had to run some errands and we stopped at a park for a while. It was incredibly windy and we couldn't stay long, but Travis found a new favorite toy:




And Justin got to swing by himself for the first time!






I had to lift Travis up and carry him to get him in the car to leave. He wants to go back very soon!

The shower turned out great! Everyone had fun and the kids had a blast! Mary has LOTS of help opening the presents. She got lots of good stuff and they have a good start getting ready for their girl's July arrival.



Before we left I had to get more pictures with great grandma. I realized too late that we should have taken a picture with ALL the great grandchildren and grandma. I think we are going back in August, so we might have another chance.


And this is just a super cute picture of Justin so I had to include it:

It's almost as good as the one of him eating strawberries and he has red from the top of his head down his bib and up both arms. But he's not smiling in that one, so this wins.

So that's what we have been doing. The wedding is next weekend and we will have lots of pictures from that I am sure. And good stories too!

1 comment:

pramann13 said...

Rachael and I enjoyed our visit with you in Madison. You have two adorable, fun boys. My Diaper Cake turned out great - thanks for the idea.
Mary