Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend was a busy one. I had to work both Friday and Saturday night red eye flights, with a long nap on Saturday. Justin has been feeling badly, so I actually got more sleep during the day than Randy had gotten at night. Sunday was my birthday, so after my Sunday nap, Randy and I went out with Mireille and Jerry. So fun! We went and ate yummy Mexican food. We joined in their crazy tradition of taking pictures of themselves by themselves:





Monday we grilled and hung out, but the major highlight of the day was getting to eat Mireille and Jerry's wedding ice cream. Jerry works for an ice cream company in Washington that makes fru-fru flavors for restaurants, and as his wedding gift to Mireille, he had them make a special flavor just for her, which is named Mireille's Wedded Bliss. I am not sure if I can share the secret recipe (like I could anyway...) but it involves almonds and chunks of red velvet cake. And it is very tasty! We have been hounding him for months to bring us some of this fancy ice cream that is "better than Blue Bell" (his words...) and we finally got some. He actually brought 3 flavors, and I have to admit, it might be better than Blue Bell...


And the second best part of the weekend was going to see the new Star Trek movie! SO GOOD!! I LOVE Star Trek and J.J. Abrams did it very well. I am a Next Generation girl, but I might have to check out the older stuff too. I had quite a crush on Piccard back in the day.


So now we are in the final countdown to wedding day. The apartment was cleaned out in preparation for the big move. And now the apartment is in our house...

And this weekend we get Mireille's (and Jerry's by marriage) cat too! It's going to be fun!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

The ice cream present is so sweet! I love it and it sounds yummy.

I loved Star Trek too and I hadn't seen any of the older stuff other than clips here and there. The movie was just fun and well done the whole way through.

We've been watching the old ones since we saw the movie. The first few were really hard to watch (gotta love those special effects), but now I'm enjoying them. And I'm very surprised by that (and I probably should be somewhat embarrassed.)

The only thing is they are 51 minutes long, and they tend to drag in parts. They were probably easier to watch with commercials to break them up a bit.

Oh, and I loved Capt. Pickard too! Chris always made fun of me because I was always talking about how handsome he was. Ok, enough Star Trek talk. People may start to wonder about me.

Happy belated birthday!!