Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Blessings

Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the enormity of the responsibility of Justin, and I am afraid that I seem too negative. The doctor today (in her delightfully enthusiastic way) reminded me just to enjoy Justin. She was talking to Justin and she said, "Now your mommy can have fun with you." And we do have fun, don't get me wrong, but the parent in me worries and frets too much, no matter how much I pray it seems. But I wanted to share a wonderful blessing we received from our church family. The 1st through 5th graders during the Sunday worship service wrote cards to Justin. And we have an entire envelope FULL of the sweetest, most innocent cards you can imagine. Here are a few:

  • I am happy you are back at church. I am glad you are feeling better. I had a friend that had that happen to him. His name is Will.
  • It's beter to be better little Justin DeCarlo.
  • Dear Justin, You are one awesome little guy. I am happy your feeling better!
  • Hay Justin, Glad you'r in church today. God is looking down on you.
  • Justin, I hope your doing good and remeber God is with you.
  • Dear Justin, I'm glad you are okay, you must be really happy to be back in church. You've done what I've never had the courage to even think about going through.

I didn't edit the spelling or grammar. I think that adds to the charm. Pretty special family we have, isn't it?

2 comments:

Court said...

Sweet Danielle, you never seem negative. If your head is thinking negative thoughts, please know that God has been able to prevent you from projecting those thoughts. Everytime I see you with your boys, all I see is enormous love.

Kelsey said...

That is so sweet. It is indeed better to be better.