Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mountain

When Justin was diagnosed we had so many questions so we decided to write them in a notebook so we wouldn't forget them. Then we would have the answers if we couldn't remember what the doctor had said. We thought we were being smart to keep it together. But then every place started giving us folders with information in it and we didn't want it to fall out of the notebook, so we started a binder. I even divided up into sections to keep similar stuff together. I thought I was being smart to keep it together. But then we had all of the explanation of benefits (EOBs) sheets from the insurance company that we had to reference from time to time as we are fighting insurance on various things. And all of the receipts from the different doctors. So I started a file folder with all those papers in. I thought I was being smart to keep it together. Now the notebook, the binder, and the file folder are FULL and we are only 3 months in and the heart surgery hasn't even taken place yet! My desk is overflowing with paperwork and it just keep coming. "Fill this out and keep a copy for your records," they all say. Where am I supposed to put a copy?! We are going to have to add on rooms for all the moutains of paperwork! So, we agree that the perfect gift for someone receiving a diagnosis of Down syndrome is a file cabinet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have two in my garage just filled with stupid stuff- shall I gift them to you the next time we come to Houston?! ; )