Saturday, June 28, 2008

Family


Justin met his cousin Lauren today. She is Randy's brother's daughter, and she is about 6 weeks older than Justin. We celebrated Randy's mother's birthday and the whole family got together. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed meeting Lauren and playing with her a little bit. It was a short trip for them, so we hope we can spend some more time sometime soon. Lauren and Justin looked at each other, and Lauren really wanted to touch him and see what he was all about.
We got a picture of all the cousins for Me-Me and Pop. Me-Me has been DYING to get some pictures in her "grandchildren" picture frame. It was quite the photo session, with several cameras shooting from various angles. I am sure it will be an event that is repeated many times over the coming years!



2 comments:

Angie said...

I just caught up on the last weeks of comments. My only words of wisdom is create spreadsheet for your EOBs. After Addie's stroke,, I was paying so many bills that it was the only way I knew when I met my out of pocket. I can relate on a small scale to the heart aches of seeing 'healthy' children. I remind myself often to not focus on 95% of kids that have it easier, but be grateful that your child is not in the 5% that have it worse. Keep laughter in your family and everything seems easier.
Love,
Ange

Unknown said...

Danielle, I stumbled across your blog and I am simply speechless. I had no idea that your family was going through all of this. I will say that from the first moment I saw your precious Justin, I thought he was such a beautiful boy and God's loving touch was shining through him. As I read, my heart just ached for you and what you may be feeling. I will keep you all in my prayers as I truly understand the burden of having that "not so normal" lifestyle and questioning why God chose "me" for this challenge. God does work in amazing ways and will bring people and cures in crazy ways. One day we will understand his plan. With such a challenge in your life, God definitely has something great planned for Justin.