Sunday, June 22, 2008

Heart Surgery

I have been thinking lately about our upcoming appointment with the surgeon. I think the first thing I want to do is give him a huge hug. I am SO GLAD that there are people who dedicate themselves to fixing the heart problems of the very littlest patients. There are four surgeons who only do heart surgery on children at the hospital. For the first time in my life I feel like I am faced with a problem that there is NO CONCEIVABLE WAY that I can fix. I cannot fix Justin's heart. I have to rely on someone else and trust him. I mean really, think about it. If my car breaks down, I can buy a new one. If I burn dinner, I can order a pizza. If raccoons move in under my deck, I can tear the deck down. I am a flight attendant and I even joke with the pilots that I can probably land the airplane if needed with all the movies I have seen. (They are still not both allowed to eat the fish for dinner though; it's ALWAYS the fish!) I can make it though life without ever using the services of an interior decorator, a personal trainer, or a financial planner. But I need the surgeon in a way that I have never felt like I have needed anyone before. I don't feel hopeless, but helpless. Maybe it's because it's my baby, but whatever it is, I love our surgeon already.

1 comment:

pramann13 said...

I am enjoying your "news" and it is a great way to stay in touch with you. Sometimes we have to trust others to help us thru life and this is a time when you truely must TRUST. Thoughts and prayers. Mary in Mn.