Monday, December 16, 2013

Justin's Accomplishment

So this is one of those accomplishments that I cannot remember Travis accomplishing because it wasn't that big for him.  But it's HUGE for Justin!
 
Justin went into the stall of a public bathroom and went to the bathroom all by himself!

I am sure you do not understand just how big this is!  Justin has been all about "do it myself" and then having to ask for help because he just can't quite do it.  In some cases he is close, or he can do it sometimes and not others, but this was one I did not think he had any prayer of doing himself.

Going to the bathroom (for Justin) entails removing a shoe, pulling off one pant leg and half of his underwear, and hoisting himself up onto the potty.  Then carrying the shoe and dangling the pants trailing behind to find someone to help replace it all.

So I had to see what he would do, so I peeked through the crack by the door.   Mostly because I only brought one extra set of clothes and we had a long morning ahead of us.  He just pulled down his pants and peed standing up.  What a novel plan!  And it made it in the potty!   This was amazing!  I was so proud of him!  He even pulled everything back up.  I just had to snap his pants.

This is big.  Very big.  I am one proud mommy.
 
Yeah for Justin!

No comments: