Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas at the Bass Pro Shop

One of the special things Pop and Me-Me like doing with the boys is taking them to the Bass Pro Shop.  It is unfortunately quite a drive for us so I have just let the boys go and I stay home.  It's a treat for me too!  But it was decided that Alaina is starting to feel left out and she should get to go too.  But that's too much for Pop and Me-Me so I got to go too.  This trip was planned because every year the Bass Pro Shop hosts Santa plus they offer a bunch of games (like hunting, shooting, guy-type games) and snacks.  The boys and Pop and Me-Me usually go during the week when the rest of the kids are in school, but this year they couldn't arrange a time during the week so we had to go on a Sunday.  A very crowded, busy Sunday.  We got there right after lunch and the first thing I did was plant myself in line to see Santa with a very tired and squirmy little Alaina.  The boys and Pop and Me-Me went to enjoy the other activities.  They occasionally came back to see how we were doing and to take Alaina to go look at the fish and to explore.  Then we got up close enough to where they were playing checkers and I left the stroller to keep my place and I visited and took some pictures.  (By that time I was best buds with everyone around me in line.)
 
While we were waiting we passed some ATVs and Alaina wanted to ride.  A nice man (a future best bud) offered to take her picture.  She wowed everyone with her perfect "cheese" along with the smiley face.  He kind of missed the ATV though...
 
 
 
You can see the checkers games behind the boys.  They played checkers for probably a good half hour or more.  They found a sweet man and his son who played with Justin.  Me-Me called them angels, so they must have been very patient and understanding with him!

 
Alaina loves her cheese face and then she wants to see what she looks like in the camera.  You cannot help but laugh!

 
When we got close I brought everyone in to wait with me and about that time, Justin decided he needed to go to the bathroom.  Of course he did!  So I swept him up in my arms and darted around and through the throngs of people and skirted the various displays of toys and hunting gear to make it to the bathroom.  I admit that our handwashing job might not have been the best.  I raced back and arrived just as we made it to the front of the line, just on time....to see Santa leave for a potty break of his own. Oh, the irony!!

 
So we waited and checked out the caribou that make the perfect backdrop for every Santa picture.

 
And then we got our picture.


Success!
 
By that time it was well past naptime and so I drove around for another hour and a half while Justin and Alaina napped and Travis read 2 more books.
 
I so deserved the chocolate I ate later that night.

No comments: