Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas at Bammel

Our church usually puts on a children's program for Christmas, but this year they did a whole church-wide extravaganza.  They called it A Day of Glory, and our usually traditional, no-instruments service was turned upside down for a little good, old-fashioned singing and praising our Father.  The performers (singers and musicians) practiced for a long time to make it all work so well.  The stage looked beautiful and they even had funky lights.   It was very impressive and I was so excited to see the show I had been hearing so much about!
 
But that's about all I can tell you because about 30 seconds into the first song Justin got scared, said then he said he had to go to the bathroom, and we hit the door running to make it before he got the pee scared out of him.  (It's the whole loud music thing...)   Fortunately Randy's parents were there so Travis and Alaina stayed in and watched the program.  Alaina loved it!  The little bit I was able to see Alaina was be-bopping and swaying to the beat.  I hated for her to miss it, so she sat on Pop's lap the whole time and stared and be-bopped!
 
This is what Justin and I did:
 
 
We found another little boy who couldn't sit still inside the program and we played with him.
 
 A little peek-a-boo
 
 
And then on to some wrestling 

 
The end of the program was the kids coming in with (battery-op) candles singing Silent Night.  So they all lined up waiting for their cue.  I didn't get to see this part of the program because I had to report for serving duty for the meal afterwards. 

 
One of the women in our Spanish congregation made about 75 dozen tamales, plus homemade salsa (3 levels of spiciness) and guacamole.
 
Oh..my..goodness!
 
It was delicious!  I ate so many tamales!  I am glad I was a server because we had to limit everyone to just 2 so we wouldn't run out.  We might have had a few more than that...
 
Then it was pictures with Santa.  The most precious couple in our church dresses as Santa every year and we love them to pieces.  Since I was serving we barely made it to see Santa before he was finished.  And it was late so one look at Santa and Alaina started crying.  So I got to be in the picture.  I think I am in every one of the kids' pictures with Santa at this age.  But it's worth it!

No comments: