Friday, December 2, 2011

Randy and Me

With so much about the kids, sometimes Randy and I get left out, so here's some of what we've been doing:

  • Randy is participating in his first season of fantasy football.  He has always been an avid college football watcher, but this has developed his taste for the pro variety.  It has definitely changed the way we watch football, and it has been determined that the best players do not always post the best fantasy football scores.  It has been a steep learning curve for him and I am so proud of how quickly he has picked up this new sport.  I am enjoying it as well.  It's kind of fun to root for my husband, even if it's not on the field.
  • I have been muddling through a Bible study of some of the minor prophets.  It's a Kay Arthur Precept study that the women of our church did in the morning class this fall.  They are finished, but I am still working my way through Habakkuk.  (The study included Micah, Nahum, and Habakkuk.)  It is quite challenging and I am learning a lot.  I think Habakkuk is my favorite, but I am ready for some more uplifting books from the New Testament next spring.
  • We are making some decisions about some home repair projects we have been planning.  We have lots of things we want to do, so we are prioritizing.  It's finally cooler around here so we can think about doing work without breaking out in a sweat!  If you know of any good plumbers, painters, or general contractors we are looking for recommendations.
  • I have been in a decluttering mood lately.  I am purging and sorting and reorganizing.  I am loving it!  I went through the boys' clothes today and now only the clothes that actually fit are in their closets.  (It's a problem with Justin because so many of the long sleeve/long pants are just way too long and need to be shortened or even set aside until they fit a little better.  Justin still wears most of his 18 month pants fairly comfortably.  I was saying a prayer of thanksgiving for living in a warm climate where we don't need long sleeves but maybe 3 months a year!)  My goal is that the attic be empty except for Christmas decorations.  Lofty, but attainable I think!
  • Oh, and one last thing:  We are having another baby!  Coming in May...

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations! No doubt you now know I read every line of your blog! :-)

Court said...

What!?! Congratulations! I am beyond excited for your family. I'll be praying for you and your new bundle.

~Erin said...

Wow! Great news!!!! Sneaky...very sneaky :)

Danielle said...

Thank you guys! I am happy to know that people read my posts and appreciate my futile attempts at humor. We are very excited!

Linda Judd said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both :0) Kelsey had shared the news with us a short while ago. I know your boys will be great big brothers to another little one.
-- Linda (Clara and Robert's G'ma)