Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Progress Report

Here's the updates on a few of our ongoing operations:

  • Bike Riding:  I did begin working on this with Travis.  It would have been easier with air in the tires.  Trying this again next week...
  • Potty Training:  I have been reminded of the need for patience.  Justin does great when I put him on the potty.  He does his thing nearly every time.  So if I could have the intuition to know when he needs to go, we would be great!  I am, however, not that in tune with Justin's bodily functions.  He is getting better, and we are working on the recognizing when we need to go.  (It is "we" for a while since he can't pull down his pants, or more accurately pull them up!)  He is much more cooperative in going, although we still get the big sigh and shoulder slump occasionally.  He wants to wear underwear, so that's encouraging too.
  • Apnea:  I think this is affecting him more and more every day.  The past few days sometime between 10 and 11 am he has a little meltdown if he cannot be held.  When I was trying to pack to leave WI (more coming, I promise) he was nearly beside himself crying and whining.  It took about 11 minutes for him to pass out once we got in the car.  And yesterday at therapy Miss Caroline said that he seemed more tired and he wanted her to hold him.  She loves this and gladly complied.  And again, he fell asleep on the way home.  So, if I can somehow manipulate my schedule to be in the car every day during that magic hour, thus allowing him to get a 20 minute nap, we can make it through lunch to regular nap time.  Either that or put him down for a nap early and then more nap time later in the afternoon.  We go to the ENT next Tuesday.  As soon as we get through that appointment I plan to start calling for another sleep study cancellation as soon as possible.  I am losing my patience and I am snapping at the boys more than I should.  Not liking myself too much, so I am trying to get myself more sleep in a possibly futile attempt to gain a bit more control over my short fuse.  That and some major deep breathing and prayer.
  • Air conditioning is finally fixed!  Just three attempts.  Can't wait for the next electric bill....
I have a couple more posts coming about the homeschool conference and our great trip to WI!  I have to work this weekend and it's tax-free weekend in Texas so I will be doing some fall shopping in the little time I am home.   Time to stock up on school supplies and "winter" clothes for Travis!

No comments: