Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Bad House Day

With working in Travis' new old room yesterday, I didn't get to do the cleaning I usually do on Wednesdays.  I wasn't really excited about doing it today, but I knew that I needed to do it so I wouldn't get too far behind.  It turned out I didn't need to worry because when I walked into the kitchen this morning I stepped into a puddle of water where a pipe had leaked in the ceiling.  Randy quickly shut off the water to the house and I got out of cleaning duty.  I also didn't get the chance to take a shower so I was a bit odiferous today.  But don't worry too much, because with the A/C acting up, it was close to 80 degrees in the house today, so the shower wouldn't have lasted very long anyway!

Since I know God is still in control through all of our home repair issues, here's what makes it all okay:
  • My mother is already on her way home so I don't need to worry about her in this situation.
  • I didn't have any play dates with extra children in our home today.
  • I got extra time to play pirate, indian, cowboys, trucks, and do some wrestling with the boys.
  • We found the leak without it doing any extra damage.
  • We still was able to do all the things that needed to be done, including therapy, plus a few minutes at the gym.
  • I had the opportunity to appreciate my husband for the way he takes such good care of our house.
  • My schedule got a little bit out of whack so I ended up at the gym at an off time, and ran into another mother of a daughter with DS and ended up making a great contact!  I am so excited about this one!
  • Our neighbors brought us super yummy cake for no reason.
It was one of those days, but I am happy to say that God is so good through it all.

No comments: