Friday, April 1, 2011

Justin is Three!

Can you believe it??  This one is hard for me to believe.   Justin had another birthday and he keeps getting bigger every day.  We celebrated by going and getting some family pictures taken (that's another post) but I got a few "making of" pictures to share.



I didn't really want any "real" pictures with the number blocks, but they let me borrow them while we were waiting for our pictures to load.  This was at the end of the session and the boys were beyond "cheese".  This was the best one I got.  Travis wouldn't smile and you can see Justin wasn't too thrilled either.  But I still think they're cute!





After pictures we went to a paint-it-yourself pottery place.  Justin picked out a letter "J" to paint and he and Daddy worked on that while Travis painted a football box and I worked on a family plate.  We'll show the finished product after they bake.  We let Justin pick out the colors and he chose white and red so they painted the background all white and then Justin smeared on some red after that dried.  It kind of looks like he bled on it, so we're anxious to see how it turns out.




Then we ate a yummy lunch at Pei Wei.  Justin ate his lunch, my lunch, and Daddy's lunch.  I guess the morning's activities made him hungry.  This is when we're done and ready to go home for nap.  I love guys in polo shirts and this just makes me smile.


We were almost ready to call it a day and head for bath when we got a call from Ami wishing Justin a happy birthday.  She was bummed that the gift she had ordered had not arrived but while we were talking, the doorbell rang and as if on cue the present arrived.  So then the guys spent some time perusing the new Elmo books Justin received.  They are great and you can tell which ones Justin likes the best.  He is turning into quite the reader.  When he's serious about something, he gets on his stomach so he can see it better.  I love the boys enjoying a little "Where is Elmo's Blanket?"





It was such a fun family day.  These are the days I will treasure for always.  Justin had a great day.  He giggled and played.  He is so expressive that there's never a doubt what he's feeling or thinking.  He is learning more every day.  He has picked up more signs and he uses them perfectly.  We're trying to get him to do three fingers to show he is three, but that's one of the really hard things for him (finger isolation).   So now he just holds up all his fingers and laughs at us when we ask him to show us three fingers.  Justin says that it's good to be three!

No comments: