Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bluebonnets and Fun at the Park

I have been a bad Texas mommy this year, and I nearly let bluebonnet season pass us by without getting any pictures.  I promise there are a few bluebonnets in the pictures, although nothing like the usual overabundance.  But, at least I tried. The unseasonably warm weather really brought them out early and then they vanished before I could get to the park for the pics.  I really like these red shirts I got for the boys.  They look good against the few bluebonnets!




And of course, since we went to take pictures, we had a picnic lunch and played at the park.  We ran into our church's playgroup and also some other good family friends completely unintentionally.  Our therapy schedule got rearranged and so we were able to get to the park sooner and we ended up with a little treat!  So both boys had a great time.  Justin crawled all the way up these stairs, and he even alternated feet!  (He prefers leading with his left.)  He got so good I didn't even need to stand by him.  He scurried up the stairs and then slid down the slide.  About 10 times!


Then he wanted to swing, and we have perfected the double swing.  Justin can hang on without any assistance and he could swing all day like this.  If I try to hold onto him, he gets upset and pushes my hand away.  It's cool how strong he is getting!  Travis enjoyed playing with his friends, Justin loved swinging and sliding, and I was able to visit with a friend.  It was a great park day for us all.

No comments: