Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Times

I love the library.  I am pretty sure most people know that.  I believe all my tax dollars go to libraries.  That, and roads to get to libraries. :)  There are so many things that make libraries great: all the free books I could ever want to read, super friendly librarians, preschool story time, books on tape/CD, and on and on.  These days my very favorite part of the library is the Hold Shelf.  I can browse the card catalog from my home and magically all the books I want appear in envelopes with my name on them!  It's like Christmas opening that envelope and peeking inside to see what treasure awaits.  I love it!

Sometimes though, it works out that several books magically appear at the same time, and being highly desirable they cannot be renewed so they must be read, and read quickly.  Last week that happened.  Three books and a movie all converged in the pretty blue envelopes at the same time.  So this past week I have been reading.  And not blogging.  That's why the dry spell.  I am trying to make it up (and back dating to fill in the gap) so please be patient with me.  And if you're interested, the books were great:  I Will Carry You, Water for Elephants, and The Help.  All amazingly different, but good in their genre.  Historical fiction is my fave, and The Help is awesome.  I Will Carry You is not to be read outside the walls of one's own house because nearly every page brings heart wrenching tears.  Buckets, in my case.  And Elephants I liked for the historical part of it, and the love story was enjoyable too.  I probably won't see the movie though, at least until it comes out on DVD.  (You know movies always ruin books!  Except in the case of John Grisham books/movies, but that's another story...)

So now I will attempt to fill in this past week in real life, the world outside my fantasy book life...

No comments: