Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Laughing at Myself

I did something this past weekend that I haven't done in at least four years: I browsed the fiction section of the library all...by...myself. Big day! I don't think my kids even know that there is another section of the library. All my books usually come in blue envelopes off the "holds" shelf (which I absolutely LOVE!) But this time I was solo and it was glorious. I think I might live off this adrenaline rush for quite some time.

After my library visit I had some new books I wanted to read. I don't get many uninterrupted opportunities to read, so I often have a book lying open somewhere in the house so that when I walk past I can read a few lines or maybe a page. But yesterday, I reached an all-time low. When I was getting ready in the bathroom, this was the picture of the counter:




I had my Bible and my 2 new books open and I was trying to read them ALL at once! I would read some of one and then remember what was happening in the other and I would switch to it and then back again and suddenly I stepped back and saw what I was doing and I laughed out loud at myself! And then I took a picture...

No comments: