Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And So It Begins...

Around the time we were in Arizona, Justin cut three new teeth. That combined with an ear infection, and the crazy schedule made it difficult to know what what upsetting him at any given time. Two of the teeth he cut were on the top, but not next to his middle teeth, which he already has. I actually missed the first one because I wasn't feeling that far back in his mouth! It was the second one from the middle tooth, and then he cut the opposite one of that a couple days later. We have been warned that delayed teeth/unusual order is one of the things we can expect with DS, but Justin really had been doing very well, until this. I filled in the dates on his little tooth chart and waited for the other to fill in. I was a bit concerned because the tooth seemed really far back, and maybe we would have more problems because the one tooth that would be in between would not be enough to fill in the gap. Then we were swimming last night and I laid Justin back to float on his back and I noticed something white poking through in the back of his mouth. I dared insert my finger and realized that it is the back part of his MOLAR! It wasn't the second tooth back, but his first molar! No wonder he has been pushing everything so far back to chew! I can only assume that the other side is also a molar and we can expect more fussiness until that one breaks through completely. So now it begins. I am going to need to feel the entire length of his gums to determine the cause of the irritation, and hope that the others fill in soon! And I might need another tooth chart...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just talked to a lady today who was laughing at the big gap in Zoe's mouth from her two front teeth because it looks exactly like her daughters. The rest of her daughters mouth is filled with 4 molars and two bottom teeth. Crazy that all babies are so very different! Here's to hoping they grow in quickly!!