Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tidbits

So I have been busted a couple of times now for not posting frequently enough. It is not for lack of subjects I suppose, but lack of time. I have been working on some posts, but here are some tidbits to get you through:

  1. Travis fell out of bed last week. I ran into his room and picked him up and said, "Oh, honey, did you take a tumble?" To which Travis replied, "No, I fell out of BED!" Oh, got it!
  2. It was Ami's birthday last week and we had her over for lunch and cake (a birthday necessity!) We sang and blew out candles and we gave one of the number candles to Travis to lick off while we cut the cake. We looked over and Travis was chewing, and we had not given him and cake yet. "What are you chewing Travis?" He opened his mouth to show us (his new favorite trick) and it was full of white bits. Little white WAX bits. Yuck! We did our best to rinse the wax out and then gave him some cake to wash it down. We're going to have to get a new number 2 before Justin's birthday next year...
  3. My sister (Ami) is moving to Seattle. She is getting married and moving, far away. She moved here when Travis was 6 months old and we have loved every minute of her being here. She has been at birthday parties, holidays, Justin's birth, surgery, and random fun days. Now we will miss her terribly, and miss the relationship that she has with the boys.
  4. We have been struggling with Justin's BMs. Not a pleasant topic, but one of the things that result from low muscle tone. It's just harder to move them down and out. So we have started keeping a food diary for him to see how the binding vs. loosening foods affect him. It's so bad that he cries and wakes up from sleeping when he has to go. The only positive thing is that he makes marbles, which can be picked out and discarded rather than wasting a new diaper. I was just talking with a friend this week about the frustrating habit of children to make dirty diapers within 20 mins. of getting a clean diaper. Not good for the budget or for landfills!
  5. We are planning Justin's birthday party! Yes, he is almost 1! We are making a slide show of pictures from Justin's first year. It's fun to look back at everything. Travis likes looking at pictures too.
  6. I am working a lot the next 2 weeks. It's Spring Break so the airplanes are packed and every one's nerves are a bit tense. I am enjoying it in a way. I like flying at night. Adults are almost as sweet as children are when they sleep.
  7. We got the jumperoo out of the attic and set it up for Justin. He is jumping like a champ! He is really using his feet and legs more and more. He even tried to pull himself up to standing a couple fo times on a toy that our therapist was using. So good!

So that is what we have been doing this week. Like I said, I am working 4 days next week, so postings will be scarce, but I will try! Thanks for being patient.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe Justin is almost a year old! That is just crazy. I have given up keeping track of time. It just goes by way too fast.

Aunt Linda B said...

Hi Danielle and Randy,
I love reading about your kids. I hope to meet Justin someday also. I have been reading your story but haven't told you until now. Keep up the good work with Justin!
Aunt Linda B.