Sunday, March 8, 2009

Six Months Post-Surgery

Today is six months since Justin's heart surgery. These last six months have gone a whole lot faster than the five months before it! Sitting at home waiting and thinking about what's coming is a lot harder than healing and recovering. We have been so busy with therapy and really, getting adjusted to the pattern of our life, that the time has gone by with lightning speed. I am so thankful for how far we have come. I had no idea what to expect and it has been good. Even better than good! I love having the doctor say, "Come back in six months." I can do six months! I will even wait with JOY for the 2 hours the doctor is late when the news is good. The first appointment after the echo was almost the worst day so far. Even worse than the confirmation of Justin's diagnosis. We truly thought we had escaped heart problems, and I was researching the NEXT worst thing that Justin could have. I am not a hypochondraic by any stretch, but I admit that I have taken Justin to the doctor earlier in an illness than I would Travis, or certainly myself! That's why I LOVE our pediatrician! She is SO patient with me and she doesn't ever make me feel stupid. And she is so good at telling me the things I should watch so I can feel useful and ahead of things. The doctors are quick to point out that we could have problems in the future, but God is SO faithful that I know he will prepare us all for whatever comes. And Justin's scar is amazing! It does show a bit more than in the picture, but it is not prominent at all!



No comments: