Saturday, August 24, 2013

Trip to Wisconsin - Fourth Stop

After seeing my grandma the last stop was back in Madison, my hometown.  My mom lives there now but she's not really there very often.  She has a great roommate who actually enjoys having her home invaded by little children.  Sandy was great and she even let Justin climb all over her and Travis use her exercise machine.  A very good sport!  We also got to see Mommy Sharon and Daddy Jack.   The last time they saw my kids was right after Alaina was born when they accidentally had to fly through Houston and spend the night on their way home from Arizona.  The boys love Daddy Jack, and Mommy Sharon is the best second mother I could ever have hoped for.  This last stop was a quick one, but I got Greenbush apple fritters and Rocky Rococo's pizza so it was all good!
 


We ended up leaving a little before we planned because the flights didn't look good later.  We also changed where we flew out of so my mom and Randy had to make a quick trip to Milwaukee (not really so quick actually) to return our rental car.  Then we flew from Madison through Chicago back to Houston and spent the night before flying out to Arizona the next day.  My kids are such troopers!  They really did so good.  They slept on the way back from Chicago.  (Okay, Justin and Alaina did.  Travis thought he wasn't tired.  At least he didn't fall asleep on the way home and expect us to carry him up to bed.)

The Wisconsin vacation was one of the best family trips we have ever taken.  I admit we haven't taken very many, but I have to say that getting sleep really makes the trip a whole lot more fun!  I already have bigger plans for next summer, if Randy lets me go!

No comments: