Thursday, June 27, 2013

Trip to Arizona: Part 3

After the party weekend, we spent a couple of days with my brother and his wife who live in AZ.  Jon and Olivia got married almost 2 years ago and she is pregnant with their first baby, a girl!  They have a great pool with a shallow area perfect for the kids to play.
 

Did I mention Justin loves his hat?

 
Olivia is a game person and Travis and Justin are both really into games so they had so much fun.  Travis learned a couple of different domino games.  We started out playing just up to double 10 but he liked so they went all in and played with the double 16s.
 
 
Then Justin got out his matching game and he and Olivis played pirate matching.  What a good sport!
 

Phoenix has something that Houston does not:  Krispie Kreme.  I love Krispie Kreme!  One of our early morning we went out for doughnuts (and coffee)!  Alaina got cheerios.  She didn't mind.  And Justin really wanted a doughnut so since it was krispie kreme...


And lots of swimming!  Jon even joined us for a dip.  He and Olivia are going to have so much fun with their little girl!
 
 
See how perfect this pool is?  The hole for the umbrella was perfect.  It's not very deep and there are several benches around the sides.  The perfect place on a hot summer day.


We had a great time visiting Jon and Olivia.  The time was way too short.  We are going to get to go back for a baby shower next month.  Too exciting!  Lots of babies!


The tough part is always leaving AZ.  I am not sure why we can get there okay, but the flights out are always full.  So we had to go through Denver and we missed the first flight.  The second flight was delayed 3 hours which meant we missed our connection to Houston.  So we got to spend the night in the Denver airport.  Me and three kids.  Six hours.  But lest you think it was terrible, it was not.  We were able to spend the night in a lounge where it was dark and quiet and safe.  Oh, I didn't sleep, but the kids did.  And all our luggage went on the first flight we missed but God arranged everything perfectly so I had PJs for Alaina and Justin and more importantly, a diaper for Justin to make it through the night.  And I had pillows and blankets for the boys and Alaina slept very well (once she got to sleep) with me.  I had plenty of food for everyone and Alaina transferred from my arms to the carseat without waking and Justin fell back asleep once I dressed him so the kids were all relatively well rested by the time we got back to Houston.  Me, on the other hand, not so much.  Randy was my angel!  He took off work to come get us and take care of the kids so I could get some sleep.  I was so grateful!  I just spoke with a friend who just took a vacation with her husband and three boys.  She said this was the first vacation that felt like a vacation.  Her youngest is five.  So I guess it will be possible some day.  I have four years to go, right?

No comments: