Sunday, June 2, 2013

Alaina's First Birthday

So this is definitely the year of big birthdays for our family: 3 seventies, 1 forty, 1 ninety, and 1 one!  Of course our one is Alaina!
 
After Justin's big one-year birthday bash, I am afraid there is nothing that could compare, but we had the perfect birthday celebration for our little girl.  I realized that I didn't get any pictures of the decorations but we had fun with the pink and purple butterflies and flowers.  So girly!  Alaina had so much fun and she even supplied the obligatory oohs and aahs at the appropriate times.  She is so expressive, it has me a bit worried!  Alaina surely loved all her presents, even though Justin wasn't patient enough to let her open them all herself.  We ended up having to hold him down!
 
 



I made her a caramel cake (which pared beautifully with Caramel Olympic Mountain ice cream!) which doesn't look very pretty, but it tasted delicious.  And Alaina liked it, which is all that matters.  She sat with me and ate my cake and Daddy's ice cream.  Certainly the best of both worlds.  And we had to sing twice because my mom wanted to participate by phone but she didn't answer the first time.  Alaina figured out the blowing by the second time so it all worked out!


 
Happy Birthday Alaina! 
 

No comments: