Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween


Halloween was tons of fun.  We went trick-or-treating with our friends, the TD Family.  They live in a very cool, kid-friendly neighborhood so we knew we would have enjoy the holiday with them.  I decided to do a little thumbs up, gig 'em picture to get the kids excited for the evening.




Here's the cowboys with the bumblebee and the Jedi.  The weather was perfect for trick-or-treating.


After I took the previous pictures, Justin began shedding his costume.  A neighbor's (tiny, but admittedly very excited) dog came out to join the fun and the boys jumped into the back of the truck.  Okay, so I helped Justin a little.  Travis is afraid of dogs and he is passing on his phobia to Justin.  They both survived.  Phew!



Justin only lasted a few houses.  We ran into another (small harmless) dog and I couldn't protect both children.  There was screaming.  It wasn't pretty.  They both survived.  Phew!   He helped Mr. TD and Daddy hand out candy.

Travis loved feeling his bag get heavier and heavier.  He really enjoyed the night.  He was ready to go for more and more.  I ended up carrying the bag by the time it was all over.  That was okay.  Then I could help make it lighter!  (Wink!)  I like Halloween too!!

No comments: