Saturday, February 5, 2011

Travis is Five!!

Travis had another birthday!  It keeps happening, the thing I alternatively look forward to and dread.  After the wrapping paper is thrown away, the candles blown out and the goodie bags dispersed I sit down in awe of my little boy growing big.  He is trying new things and having big success.  He is not a toddler and not even much a preschooler anymore.  He has definite likes and dislikes. (But they still change often.  Just ask him which color of bean he likes best.  It's usually whichever one I didn't make for dinner...Grrrr.)  He is turning into a great big brother and I love watching them chase and wrestle each other.  I am enchanted with my sweet, tough, loving, wiggly, thoughtful, spacy Travis.  I wouldn't take it any other way!

After much debate and a sea of indecision, I encouraged a cowboy theme for Travis' party and it stuck.  It turned out great!  We had several of Travis' friends, some family, and two of Justin's therapists.  The weather forced us all inside, which worked out just fine.  Both of Justin's therapists (Miss Penny and Miss Caroline) commented on what a great group of friends we have.  I would have to agree!  The kids played wonderfully given the small space.  We started out with some games. 

Pin the badge on the sheriff


Travis "practiced" so he got it just right.  I was very impressed!


I didn't think Justin would like wearing the mask, but he asked to play and he did really well!


Then we did some toilet paper mummies.  Three teams, one "mummy" and one wrapper.


Travis and Pop ended up winning.  Pop was decked out in his cowboy gear, complete with boots, vest and ten gallon hat!



Travis got some great presents.  He got some trucks and lots of Legos and Kinex kits.  We have been assembling all week long! 


One fav was a doctor's outfit complete with chart and prescription pad.  We have all had operations this week.  He has been using a knife from his kitchen set.  Multi-purpose!


Justin found an admirer...


And of course...chocolate cake!


It was another great time with friends and family.  Justin was a trooper and handled all the excitement without getting run over.  Both boys crashed afterwards and took nice long naps.  We ALL did!  That's the mark of a successful shindig!

1 comment:

Linda Judd said...

I loved reading about Travis' party. Looks like it was a big hit with all the kids. And . . . a bonus for me . . . I happen to know one of the guests! Fun to serendipitously find a picture of her on someone else's blog!

--Clara's Grandma