Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sometimes I Just Feel Silly...

I am from Wisconsin.  The land of the Frozen Tundra (I have to get my football metephors in this week...)  I spent my entire childhood playing outside in sub-zero temperatures.  I came in with my nose frozen and mittens soaked through and teeth chattering and a huge smile on my face.  Now I live where it rarely snows and it only gets below freezing a few hours once in a while during the middle of the night.  Thus we rarely have the need for true "cold weather" gear.  Sometimes though, it gets cold, Texas cold.  Nothing like Wisconsin cold, but it is cold enough to need thicker jackets and even hats and mittens.  But when I recall playing outside for hours in the snow, I just feel silly wrapping Justin up to go for a walk. 







No comments: