Thursday, February 3, 2011

Breakthrough

We have been putting Justin on the potty before bath every night for several months.  He fought it quite a bit in the beginning, but now he is getting very good at knowing the routine and as soon as his clothes are off, he goes right to the potty and does his thing.  As soon as he is done, he reaches his hand up and I help him stand up and walk to the bathtub.  So far, he has only done pee-pee in the potty.  But tonight, after he had done his business and I reached for his hand to help him up he told me that he wasn't ready to get up.  So I kept getting things ready for bath and Justin kept sitting there.  After a couple of minutes I realized that he wasn't ready to get up because he had more to do (you know what I mean...)!   He finished up and I didn't have to clean up the bathtub!  I am so proud of Justin because he KNEW he had more to do and then he did it.  Big night for our little guy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are no words for my jealousy. Can I send Rylen over there for a week or so?? :)