Friday, August 27, 2010

Justin's First Steps

I am a little late in posting this, but Justin made some major progress this week in standing and even walking! Monday morning we were playing in the living room and Justin stood up in the middle of the room. Miss Penny asked me to count how long he was standing so I started counting. Travis asked me a question and I got a bit distracted but I got to 8 seconds before I lost count because he took two steps! And they weren't falling steps! He took two clear steps and then he plopped down. We cheered and Travis was so excited. Travis has been telling everyone the story. We took doughnuts to therapy on Tuesday to celebrate our good news. Of course there are no pictures because I was too engrossed and I didn't want to miss it. Since then he stood up for 20 seconds for Miss Penny at therapy but he wasn't in the mood to walk. He seems like he needs to get really steady before he will attempt to walk, so I am not sure how we can make that happen again. He also took another half step late this week. Now that we know his potential, we are all trying to set up opportunities for him to walk. I don't think it will be too long!