Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Justin Update

I haven't shared Justin's accomplishments in a while and he is doing so much more almost every day so I wanted to share before I forget and they become common!

  • He started sucking from a straw for us when we were in Seattle. I say "for us" because apparently he was doing it for Randy's parents and he was just messing with us. He would blow into the straw, but not drink from it, and after getting wet a few too many times, I just decided to wait to try again. So when we were eating lunch on the ferry Justin begged for our drink and I was shocked to see the liquid actually rising up the straw! I was so excited I couldn't even get the words out and I thought he might not do it again for Randy to see. But he did, and he did, so now Justin can drink out of any fast food cup he wants. (You know what I mean!)
  • He is standing up with much more confidence. Last week he even stood up with the basket ball, steadied himself and shot a basket. And made it! Of course I missed it, but I know he can do it so I'll be watching.
  • He gives kisses now. He puckers up and presses his mouth against whatever is closest. It helps to be ready when you ask for a kiss!
  • His signing is improving greatly. He added: mother, block, and shoes in the past few weeks, and we are working on "help". He needs help a lot when he is trying things so we thought that would ease the frustration. He is trying whatever words we show him, but he doesn't seem to do them unprompted. He does answer questions though. We asked him who he wanted to take him to bed and he signed "mommy". So proud!
  • He is getting very sneaky! Travis was playing with his firemen and he told Justin that he didn't want to share them (Justin had others he was playing with). So Justin waited until Travis wasn't looking and grabbed one and stuck it behind his back. Randy happened to see that move and told him to give it back. Justin reached back and tossed it back to Travis. A bit grumpy-like...
  • The boys are playing like brothers, good and bad. They were playing falling off the fireplace and taking turns very well. Until they started pushing each other so they would go faster! And then Justin washed Travis' hair in the bathtub and when Travis turned around to see what Justin was doing and Justin signed "please" and pushed him back around so he could wash some more. They laugh so well together!

It's such a treat being Justin's mother. I hope this helps you get a glimpse of our precious son!

No comments: