Monday, August 9, 2010

July Follow Up/ August Prayer Requests

The summer is going by so quickly that I am afraid I am missing it, but at the same time we are anxious for cooler weather so we can play outside. I know it's already a week into August, but this is the first week in about a month that is mostly normal. Last week's four doctor's visits just about did me in! This week we have things back to ordinary, for which I am so grateful.

July:
  • ENT visit: I have already shared about that. It went well, and one result has already happened with the sleep study. I was prepared for the long haul with that one but we fit into a cancellation amazingly quickly! We are still waiting on results. And Travis' surgery is scheduled for late this month. We haven't been talking about it very much because he does not want the surgery! That will be one of this month's big prayer requests!
  • The homeschooling conference went really well. They had a great speaker schedule with tons of encouraging lessons. Randy went with me for most of it and he enjoyed it too. We are only about half-way through the preschool curriculum and Travis really enjoys it. We work through it during therapy, which is great for us both. It's a good mommy/Travis time. I am fairly convinced that we will continue this through kindergarten, but we will take this one year at a time.
  • Seattle went well! The time was too short, but as you saw, it was jam packed! We are so blessed to be able to take trips like that with family so far away. We read the story called Guess How Much I Love You, about a rabbit who tells his mommy how much he loves her and he ends with, "I love you all the way to the moon." Now Travis says that he loves me all the way to Seattle!

August Requests:

  • Travis' surgery: It will be the end of the month and already I am doubting our decision and wondering what else we could do. Please pray for ALL of us.
  • The results of Justin's tests: Hopefully they will be coming soon. If I don't hear by next week, I will be calling! We are praying that the solutions will be simple and not prolonged.
  • My mom was diagnosed with a recurrence of breast cancer and she will need surgery sometime in the next couple of months. The doctor said that the surgery could get all of it and she may not need radiation or chemo. That's our prayer.

Thank you as always! You are all so important to us!

No comments: