Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October Prayer Request Follow Up/ November Requests

  • Justin's eating: He is so crazy! Every day is different. Every meal is different. Sometimes he won't eat any of his own food, but he'll eat whatever we are eating. And other times we need to give him cheerios or something to eat himself, and then shove in bites of his food when he's not paying attention. And then tonight he wouldn't eat anything for a while until he grabbed my fork and poked bites off his tray to his heart's content. It gets frustrating, but I am getting better at sensing his mood and knowing what to try. He also got his last tooth this month. He usually wants some sort of texture to his meals, and I really think he is moving his food laterally and chewing with his teeth.

  • Travis' separation anxiety: Travis is doing better with this. Some times are better than others, but I think he has improved this month.

  • Randy's work: He did so well! He had to go to a conference, and during the conference he got lots of calls from work about things that weren't going as planned and he hunkered down and took care of it. He has been able to get home in better spirits and at a batter time each night. He was able to see the kids tonight before bed, and he even was able to take Justin to bed himself. Not a usual weekday occurrence! And we were able to take our little getaway, so I think the month went great!
    • And November:

      1. That darned schedule! Just when we thought things were going well, things changed. In some ways it's not all bad because even if it's not something that works great, at least I can hold out hope that it's going to change again! I don't want things to be too structured, but I need some routine to make sure we don't run out of milk or clean underwear.

      2. Justin's continued progress in crawling. He knows he can crawl, but he would prefer to be carried. He reaches out his hands to me and whines like it's too hard for him and he wants me to carry him. He is getting heavier too! Someone mentioned today that he is getting bigger as she grunted and passed him back to me. I am hesitant to start praying for his walking, but really that would be nice. It signals the end of babyhood though, so part of me doesn't mind putting it off.

      3. The Buddy Walk is in less than 2 weeks! I have to pick up our shirts next week and I ordered some special balloons that shipped today. I am so anxious to see them! Our team has about 35 members and we hope to pull in a few more by the 14th. You can check out Justin's Buddy Walk page.

      4. We go to the DS Clinic again this week. We're getting closer to that magic age of 2 when they can give us an estimate (their best guess) of Justin's future potential. A new doctor has taken over the clinic and I am hoping she is as good as the last one.
      Thank you so much! We are really picking up steam and Justin is making good progress.

      No comments: